The Holosun AEMS is a popular, compact red dot sight that was introduced in late 2021. Unfortunately, the footprint of the AEMS is proprietary, which meant that, until recently, you were pretty much stuck with the lower 1/3 Co-witness mount, included with the AEMS.
The Problem with the Holosun AEMS Lower 1/3 Co-Witness Mount
Like other Holosun mounts I have used, my AEMS lower 1/3 Co-witness mount loosens unless thread locker is applied to the clamp’s cross bolt.
The cross bolt and head are quite small (making it more prone to stripping), requiring a T10 Torx tool to torque it to just 20 in-lbs.
Fortunately for me and many other AEMS owners, Reptilia introduced a 1.93” height Dot Mount for the Holosun AEMS, in December 2022.
Who is Reptilia?
Reptilia designs and manufactures, innovative parts and accessories for the firearms industry. They are perhaps best known for their high quality, USA made, 7075 T-6 aluminum, optic mounts.
Features of the Reptilia Holosun AEMS Mount
- Made from Billet 7075 T-6 Aluminum
- Available in Black and FDE, Type III Hardcoat Anodized Finish
- Nitrided 4140 Steel Clamp
- Low-Profile, Anti-Snag Design
- Attaches to any M1913 Picatinny Rail
- Made in USA
- Full Lifetime Warranty
Reptilia Holosun AEMS Mount Specs
- Optical Centerline Height: 1.93”
- Weight: 2.11 oz
MSRP for the Reptilia Holosun AEMS Mount is $109.95 but, I have seen it for about $10 less than MSRP. You may be able to purchase it for even less when on sale (Black Friday).
Why Did I Get the Reptilia Dot Mount for my Holosun AEMS?
- Reptilia is only one of three manufacturers that I know of who now make a 1.93″ mount for the Holosun AEMS.
- Pricing of the Reptilia Dot Mount is a bit more reasonable than the two 1.93” mounts ($159 and $133 – MSRP) offered by other manufacturers I had considered.
- The Reptilia AEMS mount is made from 7075 T-6 billet aluminum. One of the other two 1.93” AEMS mounts I had considered was made from 6061 T-6 aluminum.
- I like the larger cross bolt (T25 Torx, 45 in-lbs of torque) and steel mounting clamp used on the Reptilia, which is less likely to strip, than the T10 Torx sized head on the much smaller cross bolt of the AEMS OEM mount.
- I really like the low-profile, anti-snag design of the Reptilia AEMS mount.
The Reptilia Dot Mount for the Holosun AEMS is a well-engineered, sleek looking product that exudes quality. Machining and the Type III hardcoat anodized finish are top notch.
As mentioned earlier, Reptilia’s cross bolt is much larger than the one found on the AEMS OEM mount. It also utilizes a T25 Torx size head with a more substantial, nitrided 4140 steel clamp, which can be torqued to 45 in-lbs. This makes the Reptilia mount feel so much more robust and secure.
Installation of the Reptilia Mount for the Holosun AEMS
In order to attach the Reptilia Mount to the Holosun AEMS, you must temporarily remove the Torx cross bolt and clamp to gain access to two holes in the Reptilia mount. These holes enable you to use a hex key to reach the rearward mounting screw holes at the bottom of the AEMS.
By the way, don’t forget to use the two metal alignment pins that came with your AEMS. These alignment pins sit inside two round cutouts near the front of the Reptilia mount (and inside two corresponding round cutouts in the bottom of the AEMS) as shown in the image below.
At the Range
Having sent about 220 rounds down range, the Reptilia Dot Mount with the Holosun AEMS, held zero. And unlike the OEM mount, there is no need for thread locker on the cross bolt.
Is the Reptilia Mount for the Holosun AEMS Worth it?
Absolutely. I am really glad I got the Reptilia mount for my Holosun AEMS red dot sight. It is exactly what I was looking for…a quality, 1.93” height mount for my AEMS, that not only looks great, but is a thoughtfully engineered product, for a very reasonable price.